When considering the effects of hydrocodone vs codeine, we note their similarities. However, the nuanced differences are important. The focus is not to get addicted to either substance. No one wins when it comes to addiction. If you or someone you care about is looking for a codeine or hydrocodone addiction rehab program in San Antonio, TX, contact us today. The staff members at San Antonio Recovery Center utilize a client-focused addiction treatment approach.
Some clients find it beneficial to be out of their home state for drug treatment. Additionally, others need to be close to home for varying reasons. We welcome fellow Texans, as well as out-of-towners. Quality is key to treatment. Focus on how to end your addiction to opiates or whatever substance has you in its snare. The time to start your new life without active addiction is now. You’ll find your place at our facility. No matter where your road started, you’ll find a successful ending right here at San Antonio Recovery Center.
Hydrocodone vs Codeine: The Parallels and The Differences
It is important to know about the similarities and differences between hydrocodone vs codeine. Opiate addiction is increasing nationwide, and learning as much as you can is imperative.
- Hydrocodone and codeine both work as pain killers by changing how the brain perceives pain
- These drugs work to reduce pain signals as the pain indicator travels along the nerve to the brain
- Hydrocodone and codeine are both opiates
- Both drugs affect the central nervous system
- Usually, hydrocodone and codeine are initially prescribed for pain by a physician
- Codeine is usually prescribed for mild to moderate pain
- Hydrocodone is generally prescribed for moderate to severe pain
- With prolonged use, both of these prescription drugs can become habit-forming and lead to addiction
- Both drugs are habit forming
- Codeine is viewed as a gateway drug that could lead to dependence on other harder opiates
San Antonio Recovery Center – One Client At A Time
Each person’s addiction to either hydrocodone or codeine is unique. Therefore, your addiction treatment programs will have subtle differences. We don’t like to put people in a box and treat addiction treatment like it’s a one-stop shopping experience. Our goal is to treat the individual. We begin by examining how your addiction began. We want the individual to realize that addiction is the culprit and not necessarily the drug.
Wondering if there are differences in treatment is a good indicator. It shows that you want the best outcomes for treatment. Our approach to treatment includes the following ideas:
- People are different – drug treatment is individualized
- Affordable treatment
- Focus on evidence-based addiction therapy programs
- Family participation is encouraged
- Dedicated and concerned staff and participation
Weighing the differences between hydrocodone vs codeine affords a better understanding. Your continued addiction is a death sentence. There’s no question as to what you need to do. Right now is the time to affect change in your life. Initiate the change needed for a loved one. Give us a call today at 866.957.7885. It’s a monumental step in the right direction towards recovery and health. Start recovering all the parts of your life today.