For those who struggle with addiction to drugs or alcohol, rehab is a crucial step in the recovery process. To truly beat addiction, individuals need the professional services that only a quality drug rehab can offer. A combination of drug and alcohol rehab services like detox, counseling and addiction programs can help individuals put an end to addictive behaviors. In turn, they’ll also learn to resist the temptation to use again in the future. Without this kind of help, many people suffer relapses in their journey to get sober.
What does the Rehab Process Involve?
Every rehab is unique, but there are certain key elements that are common to the recovery process. For most, the experience begins with intake, followed by detoxification. Once the detox portion of rehab is complete, the individual moves on to rehab, and finally, ongoing recovery. The life skills and coping methods that individuals learn during rehab are important to anyone who is serious about maintaining sobriety.
Step by Step Process Breakdown
- Intake – This initial process when the medical professionals determine if their specific rehab center is right for you. During this time, a quality rehab center should take the time to record your personal history and related details in great detail. No two addictions are identical, and the rehab center should address your recovery on an equally individual basis. Information that the center usually gathers during intake includes:
- The severity of your addiction
- Your personal history with drug or alcohol use
- Family history
- Health diagnostics
- Detoxification – This process focuses on ridding the body of harmful toxins and other unhealthy substances, in a safe setting with medical supervision. Self-detox can be dangerous, particularly with more potent substances (including alcohol), so medical professionals will never recommend it. During medically-managed detox, physicians closely monitor patients for any possible complications that could arise.
- Rehabilitation – Rehabilitation requirements vary from person to person, but a quality rehab facility should be able to choose the appropriate program for you and your needs. They’ll base this decision on the information they gather during intake. Programs vary, but most centers offer inpatient rehab that includes exhaustive counseling.
- Ongoing Recovery – Recovery is a daily and step by step process. Once individuals complete rehab, most benefit from the support of ongoing recovery services. Since the majority of relapses occur within six months of treatment ending, this ongoing support is especially important to anyone who is serious about committing to sobriety. Ongoing recovery often incorporates many different services. These may include individual therapy, check-ups with a mental health professional, 12 step meetings and alternative support groups.
Choose Our Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Texas
If you struggle with drug or alcohol abuse, San Antonio Recovery Center in San Antonio, Texas has the quality residential drug and alcohol treatment that you need and deserve.
The addiction rehab programs we offer include:
- Residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment
- Intensive outpatient
- Aftercare program
- 90-day treatment program
Our personalized treatment plans can help you achieve great changes in your life. Recovery is a step-by-step process. At San Antonio Recovery Center, we’re ready to help you take this first step in the right direction. No matter where you are in your experience with addiction, we have a drug and alcohol rehab program that can help you.
Our Drug and Alcohol Rehab Can Work for You
Don’t wait until your substance abuse problem gets even further out of hand. San Antonio Recovery Center has the compassionate help you need to put you on the path to independent and sober living. If you’re ready to commit yourself to getting clean and changing the course of your future, contact our office now by calling 866-957-7885.