Why Seek Out a Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Texas?
For those who struggle with addiction to drugs or alcohol, rehab is a crucial step in the recovery process. To truly beat addiction, individuals need the professional services that only a quality drug rehab can offer. A combination of drug and alcohol rehab services like Texas drug detox, counseling, and addiction rehab programs can help individuals put an end to addictive behaviors. In turn, they’ll also learn to resist the temptation to use again in the future. Without this kind of help, many people suffer relapses in their journey to get sober.
What Does the Rehab Process Involve?
Every rehab is unique, but certain vital elements are common to the recovery process. For most, the experience begins with intake, followed by detoxification. Once the detox portion of rehab is complete, the individual moves on to drug and alcohol rehab, and finally, ongoing recovery. The life skills and coping methods that individuals learn during rehab are essential to anyone who is serious about maintaining sobriety.
9.2 million American adults had both a substance abuse disorder and a mental illness.
The time to get help is now. Contact San Antonio Recovery Center today to learn more.
Step by Step Process Breakdown
- Intake – This initial process when the medical professionals determine if their specific rehab center is right for you. During this time, a quality rehab center should take the time to record your personal history and related details in great detail. No two addictions are identical, and the rehab center should address your recovery on an equally individual basis. Information that the center usually gathers during intake includes:
- The severity of your addiction
- Your personal history with drug or alcohol use
- Family history
- Health diagnostics
- Detoxification – This process focuses on ridding the body of harmful toxins and other unhealthy substances in a safe setting with medical supervision. Self-detox can be dangerous, particularly with more potent substances (including alcohol), so medical professionals will never recommend it. During medically-managed detox, physicians closely monitor patients for any possible complications that could arise.
- Rehabilitation – Rehabilitation requirements vary from person to person, but a quality rehab facility should be able to choose the appropriate program for you and your needs. They’ll base this decision on the information they gather during intake. Programs vary, but most centers offer inpatient rehab that includes exhaustive counseling.
- Ongoing Recovery – Recovery is a daily and step by step process. Once individuals complete rehab, most benefit from the support of ongoing recovery services. Since the majority of relapses occur within six months of treatment ending, this ongoing support is especially important to anyone who is serious about committing to sobriety. Ongoing recovery often incorporates many different services. These may include individual therapy, check-ups with a mental health professional, 12 step meetings, and alternative support groups.
Our personalized treatment plans can help you achieve significant changes in your life. Recovery is a step-by-step process. At San Antonio Recovery Center, we’re ready to help you take this first step in the right direction. No matter where you are in your experience with addiction, we have a Texas drug and alcohol rehab program that can help you.
What Addiction Rehab Therapy Programs Do We Offer?
When you choose San Antonio Recovery Center, you will spend a significant amount of your time in addiction therapy programs. Therefore, it is crucial to determine what rehab programs a facility offers before enrolling in treatment there.
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we offer a variety of evidence-based and holistic therapy options. What does that mean? Evidence-based therapies are therapies that medical professionals and psychologists have researched for years. Therefore, we have proof that they work. We offer several evidence-based treatments, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: During this therapy, you’ll work with a therapist to identify negative thought patterns and behaviors. Then, you can work on creating coping mechanisms to forge healthy coping mechanisms.
- Individual counseling: Work one on one with a therapist to find the root cause of your addiction, then find coping mechanisms to curb relapses.
- Family therapy: While you were in addiction, your familial relationships may have suffered. Working with a counselor, you can rebuild those relationships and build communication skills.
Over 21 million people needed substance abuse treatment in 2018, but only 3.7 million people received it.
The time for hiding in the shadow of addiction is over. Step into the light and get treatment at San Antonio Recovery Center today.
Conversely, holistic therapies are therapies that treat your mind, body, and soul. While they don’t have the evidence that evidence-based therapies do, we have been using them for years. We have seen peoples’ lives changed through these therapy options. Our holistic treatments include:
- Animal-assisted therapy: Working with an animal such as a dog can help you become more active and improve your mental state.
- Yoga therapy: Create a body-mind connection and get in shape. This practice can help mend your body of some of the damage addiction has caused.
- Meditation therapy: Learn how to quiet your mind from inside and outside noise. Identify your triggers and learn to overcome them.
- Recreational therapy: Sometimes, we need to get out and see what we can do when addiction isn’t holding us back. During recreational therapy, we will help you safely test your limits.
Moreover, we want your therapy programs to work for you and treat your unique needs. Therefore, we tailor your therapy programs to what you need to gain. Many psychologists call this methodology “individualized treatment.” To learn more about your individualized treatment options, call San Antonio Recovery Center today.
“I would not be where I am in my recovery without everyone at SARC! All of the staff makes you feel right at home. I recommend this recovery to anyone that needs help to get sober and stay sober. 10/10”
Our Drug and Alcohol Rehab Can Work for You
Don’t wait until your substance abuse problem gets even further out of hand. San Antonio Recovery Center has the compassionate help you need to put you on the path to independent and sober living. The time to get treatment is now. Through our treatment and therapy programs, your life can begin again, without addiction holding you back. If you’re ready to commit yourself to getting clean and changing the course of your future, contact our office now by calling 866.957.7885.