Now more than ever, the state of Texas struggles with alcohol addiction. Unfortunately, alcohol’s ubiquity makes the substance nearly impossible to avoid. Once you develop an alcohol addiction, professional treatment is necessary to successfully recover. Understanding how holistic therapy helps you recover is important when choosing the right drug addiction rehab.
Detox Is Necessary Before Holistic Treatment
Before undergoing holistic treatment, the body must first be purged of the addictive substance during detox.
Over the course of an addiction, chemicals from the consumed substance cause the brain and body to adapt. At first, the body is unaccustomed to the presence of a substance, allowing for quick and potent highs. Over time, however, the body adjusts, and it takes more of a substance used more often to achieve the same high. As the body builds tolerance, the brain drives cravings, which in turn fuels the vicious cycle of addiction.
When a physical dependency is unfulfilled, the affected person undergoes withdrawal. Withdrawal is particularly severe for heavy users, and for users of alcohol, heroin, and benzos. This severity is dangerous not only to a person’s health, but also to their recovery. If a person undergoes withdrawal but has access to their substance of choice, the urge to relapse will be very strong. Withdrawal is the first, and perhaps the most difficult, roadblock to your recovery.
Since withdrawal is so severe, doctors strongly recommend against going through withdrawal alone, aka “cold turkey.” Instead, doctors recommend that patients seek detox treatment. At San Antonio Recovery Center, we offer detox programs for alcohol and heroin, for both men and women.
Detox starts with withdrawal, lasting anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days. The benefit of detox is that it takes place in a secure, medically monitored environment. Some withdrawal symptoms, like seizures or delirium tremens (for alcoholics), can be fatal if left untreated. Medical professionals monitor detox patients 24/7 to keep them comfortable and safe as their body purges the addictive substance.
How Does Holistic Therapy Work?
Holistic treatment focuses on healing the body, mind, and soul. Overall, it targets any lack of spiritual grounding. By addressing emotional imbalances as well, a holistic approach aims to treat the whole person.
Often, holistic treatment is beneficial for treating physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. When combining holistic practices with other evidence-based methods, you’ll increase your chances of lasting recovery. Above all, this combination is the most effective way to treat, not just the addiction, but the entire person.
It’s Safer Than Other Treatment Options
Many people understand holistic treatment as an alternative practice. By defining it as getting closer to nature, those in rehab practice yoga, meditation, and nutritional therapy. Additionally, holistic treatment includes taking herbal medicines, acupuncture, massage, and doing Reiki. Many of these methods help lower stress, increase endorphins, and reduce chronic pain.
Traveling May Help You To Get Well
Many people discover that traveling for addiction treatment is helpful. Fortunately, in San Antonio, Texas, receiving treatment away from home helps you to focus on recovery. Sometimes peer and family member distractions inhibit necessary growth. With growth comes healthier methods for coping with harmful habits perpetuating addiction. This is why taking the time to understand whether traveling or staying home for drug addiction help is so important.
If you’re searching for effective, comprehensive rehab programs, San Antonio Recovery Center in San Antonio, Texas offers professional addiction therapy services for both men and women. Our fully trained, friendly staff use holistic treatments for inclusive healing. With diverse programs, San Antonio Recovery Center has the necessary knowledge to help you build skills for success.
Our treatment facility offers the following programs:
- Residential treatment: Our gender-responsive residential treatment program is designed to help you heal in a safe, structured environment. You’ll have access to our highly trained staff 24/7 as you receive evidence-based care and holistic therapies.
- Intensive outpatient program: You’ll receive care similar to our residential program, but you’ll be able to maintain some normalcy in your life as you recover. You’ll live at home and come to our facility for programming several times a week.
- Men’s and Women’s Addiction Rehab: Our men’s and women’s addiction rehab programs are designed to meet the unique needs of each gender. We understand that you may have experienced different types of trauma and you’ll receive care accordingly.
- 90-day treatment program: Our 90-day treatment program is designed for those who need more time in treatment to heal. This program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to maintain long-term sobriety.
- Aftercare: Once you complete one of our programs, we want to help you maintain your sobriety. That’s why we offer an aftercare program that includes ongoing support and resources.
It’s never too late to begin conquering your addiction. Looking for holistic addiction treatment in San Antonio? Then, call us today at 866.957.7885 to transform your life.