Staying at an inpatient drug rehab center can be the difference between recovering from drug abuse and continuing to deal with the symptoms. However, not all drug rehab centers are the same. Overall, they vary in program availability as well as customization approaches.
Knowing what to look for to distinguish between quality drug rehab can save you time, money, and more importantly, your health.
The Purpose of Drug Rehab
Drug rehabs were created to manage symptoms of drug misuse, dependence, or addiction. However, the current goals of the best rehab centers are to provide the skills, support, and quality of life those with addiction deserve.
Find an addiction treatment center that provides the following:
- Levels of care – from drug detox to aftercare programs
- Licensed professionals and facility accreditations
- Gender-specific treatment options
- Evidence-based and holistic treatment
- Specialized substance abuse treatment, such as heroin rehab
- Addiction therapy, including behavior therapies
12 Step Methodology: Yes or No?
Some drug rehab centers embrace and incorporate the 12 step approach to addiction treatment while others use different methods. Because the 12 steps help countless individuals live sober lives, many people favor it. Moreover, it provides life lessons that are as applicable today as they were decades ago.
Programs that stand the test of time are good options when trying to reach sobriety. Therefore, look for facilities that incorporate the 12 steps of recovery into daily activities – not just as a course once a week.
Benefits of 12 step programs include:
- Community outreach and involvement
- Gain a sense of belonging
- Peer support system
- Find friends who are also sober
- Destigmatizes addiction
- Promotes self-acceptance and responsibility
While 12 step programs are a great basis for continued recovery, there are many specialized rehab programs that implement this approach. You may not even realize you’ve been a part of a treatment plan with 12 step methodologies.
What Sets Quality Drug Rehab Centers Apart?
Customization is a fundamental component of effective therapeutic services. Not everyone uses drugs or alcohol for the same reasons. For example, a person who uses to self-medicate needs a different approach than someone suffering from anxiety. Therefore, counselors should be able to create a therapeutic course during intake.
At the same time, they should be willing to reevaluate the direction and make adjustments as healing progresses. Examples of adjustable modalities include:
- Dual diagnosis evaluation treats co-occurring mental health conditions such as anxiety or depression
- Individual talk therapy allows for the exploration of patterns via evidence-based techniques such as cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Gender-specific group therapy creates safe environments for sharing experiences and overcoming problems
- Family therapy builds relationships with those closest to you for additional support
- Nutritional, fitness, and yoga therapy provide a full spectrum of care for mind, body, and soul healing
When you work with medical professionals at a rehab facility, they help discover the right treatment combination for your individual needs. Of course, as you progress, there may come a time when it’s vital to introduce new methods. Regardless, their goal is to support your growth without holding you back.
Addiction Treatment in San Antonio, TX
When the 12 step philosophy makes sense to you, and affordability is important, San Antonio Recovery Center has answers. The facility stands out among drug rehab centers in Texas because of its commitment to meeting each client’s personal needs.
You don’t have to continue suffering when you participate in the following levels of care:
- Drug detox program
- Residential addiction treatment
- 90-day treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Aftercare program
Contact San Antonio Recovery Center for a drug rehab center that checks all of the quality center requirements. Call 866.957.7885 today to talk to an intake counselor about drug addiction treatment programs. Start taking back control of your life today.