Staying at a rehab facility can be the difference between recovering from drug abuse and continuing to suffer. However, not all drug rehab centers are the same. Overall, they vary in program availability as well as customization approaches. What do you need to know about these facilities before seeking help?
12 Step Methodology: Yes or No?
Some rehab facilities embrace and incorporate the 12 Step approach while others use different methods. Because the 12 Steps helps countless individuals live sober lives, many people favor it. Moreover, it provides life lessons that are as applicable today as they were decades ago.
Programs that stand the test of time are good options when trying to reach sobriety. Therefore, look for facilities that incorporate the 12 Steps into daily activities – not just as a course once a week.
What Sets Quality Drug Rehab Centers Apart?
Customization is a fundamental component of effective therapeutic services. Not everyone uses drugs or alcohol for the same reasons. For example, a person who uses to self-medicate needs a different approach than someone suffering from anxiety. Therefore, counselors should be able to create a therapeutic course during intake.
At the same time, they should be willing to reevaluate the direction and make adjustments as healing progresses. Examples of adjustable modalities include:
- Dual diagnosis evaluation treats co-occurring mental health conditions such as anxiety or depression
- Individual talk therapy allows for the exploration of patterns via evidence-based techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy
- Gender-specific group therapy creates safe environments for sharing experiences and overcoming problems
- Family therapy builds relationships with those closest to you for additional support
- Nutritional, fitness, and yoga therapy provide a full spectrum of care for mind, body, and soul healing
When you work with medical professionals at a rehab facility, they help discover the right treatment combination for your individual needs. Of course, as you progress, there may come a time when it’s vital to introduce new methods. Regardless, their goal is to support your growth without holding you back.
Are You Ready to Find a Solution to Your Substance Abuse?
When the 12 Step philosophy makes sense to you, and affordability is important, San Antonio Recovery Center has answers. The facility stands out among drug rehab centers in Texas because of its commitment to meeting each client’s personal needs. You don’t have to continue suffering. Call 866-957-7885 today to talk to an intake counselor right away.