The best rehab centers in Austin might not be what’s best for you. Many people with substance abuse issues assume that they have to stay close to home in order to get care. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with going to a rehab that’s close by. Many people choose to do just that. However, that’s not the right choice for everyone. In fact, some people may benefit from going a little further away when they seek treatment. Not to another state or section of the country. Instead, just far enough away to put some distance between them and familiar sites or people that may help trigger their addiction behavior.
Expanding Your Rehab Choices
One of the immediate benefits of looking outside of your hometown for a rehab facility is that you’ll broaden your choices. If you’re looking for the best rehab center in Austin, you might find it. But you won’t necessarily find the best one in a 500-mile radius or the best one in Texas by just looking in Austin. As a result, expanding your search allows you to incorporate more, and sometimes better, rehab facilities.
Avoid Your Triggers
When you do arrive at a more distant rehab facility you’ll likely be happy to realize that you probably don’t know any of the other patients. You won’t run into an old drug acquaintance or drinking buddy. As you know, these people can be major relapse triggers and are best avoided.
Being further away from home, you’ll likely also put a fair distance between you and any location-based triggers you might have. Can’t stand the sight of a certain street corner? Well if you go to rehab in San Antonio, there’s no way you’re going to walk by it.
Finally, you’ll be much less tempted to up and leave before your inpatient treatment is done if you’re a hundred miles from home. The physical separation can provide psychological comfort.
Finding The Best Rehab Centers in Austin
Of course, simply foregoing the best rehab centers in Austin and choosing somewhere else at random isn’t a good idea. You still want to make sure that the rehab you choose is right for you. You’ll want to make sure the following things are available:
- Personalized treatment options
- Wide range of programming
- Rehab addresses physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs
- Rehab is fully recognized by relevant local drug treatment organizations
- Modern and fully updated best treatment practices and modalities
If you can find a rehab that offers all of these things and is a little further away from your hometown, you may be in luck. You’ll receive all of the benefits of the best rehab center in Austin, plus the additional benefits of getting a fresh start a little further from home.
How We Can Help
We at the San Antonio Recovery Center want to extend a warm welcome to our friends from Austin, and elsewhere, who suffer from addiction and substance abuse. San Antonio Recovery Center offers comprehensive and affordable care just 87 miles from Austin, Texas. We provide a wide range of treatment and care, including:
- Residential treatment and inpatient rehabilitation: Our live-in facility offers around-the-clock care and supervision, allowing you to focus on your recovery without distractions.
- Intensive outpatient programs: For those who need more flexibility, our outpatient programs offer a higher level of care than traditional therapy, while still allowing you to live at home and maintain your normal routine.
- 90-day treatment: Our extended care program provides ongoing support for those who need it, for up to 90 days.
- Aftercare program: Once you complete our residential or outpatient program, our aftercare program can help you transition back into your everyday life and continue to stay on track with your recovery.
- Family counseling: We understand that addiction affects not just the individual, but also their loved ones. Our family counseling program can help heal the rift caused by addiction and restore relationships.
- Individual counseling: Designed to help you address the underlying issues that may have led to your addiction, and develop the tools you need to stay sober.
- Group therapy: Provides support and accountability in a safe and supportive environment.
- 12-step programs: These time-tested programs are excellent for accepting responsibility and creating accountability.
The best rehab center in Austin isn’t actually in Austin. It’s in San Antonio! Give us a call at 866.957.7885 for a conversation with a qualified addiction practitioner today.