Drug and alcohol addiction requires treatment in multiple ways. For most people, this includes detox and psychotherapy. Working closely to understand the addiction and its complications is important. Yet, there’s also the need to focus on holistic healing or healing that’s focused on the whole body, mind, and spirit. Experiential therapy may be one tool used to achieve this. At San Antonio Recovery Center, we offer this type of focus to enable your best outcome.
What Is Experiential Therapy?
Experiential therapy is a type of addiction treatment that is applied on top of talk therapy. It is often available during addiction treatment as a way to help a person to regain more control and to see situations in new ways. There are many forms of it. Some examples include fitness programs, hiking programs, role-playing, and yoga. Even art therapy is a type of experiential therapy.
When this type of therapy is utilized, it allows a person to tape into the underlying cause of their addiction. It also brings awareness to the concerns you need to work on to heal from addiction. These therapies are not just meant for relaxation but for exploring thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.
What Are the Benefits of Experiential Therapy?
A range of benefits exists when experiential therapy is available. Some of those benefits include:
- Resolving past conflicts: One of the ways this type of therapy helps is by helping you to resolve the painful emotions and trauma you have. It may help you by providing new insights into problem-solving. To do this, you focus on the activity rather than just talking. That type of hands-on treatment can give you some support in resolving pain.
- Improved self-awareness: Another opportunity comes in the form of becoming more self-aware of what’s happening around you as well as your desires, needs, and emotions. You may learn how to manage problems in a healthier manner than you did before.
- It teaches being proactive: Instead of reacting to what’s around you, this type of therapy aims to build proactive problem-solving. The focus is on understanding the impact of the decisions you make and the outcome they present to you.
Should You Consider Experiential Therapy?
Experiential therapy in Texas is available to you at San Antonio Recovery Center. It is one of the therapies we offer as a component of your addiction treatment. Our team does not use this treatment on its own but in conjunction with the other types of therapy and support programs we offer. You may benefit from it if you:
- Are struggling to open up in talk therapy
- Want to choose a range of therapies to benefit from
- Want to embrace more hands-on activities
- Need further support than just individual therapy
- Think a new approach to problem-solving may help you
Most often, your therapist will recommend a range of experiential therapies for you. You will never have to participate in any of them. However, they can be an excellent way for you to continue to heal and grow in your addiction recovery.
Call San Antonio Recovery Center Today
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we offer this therapy along with many others. It is a combination of these that may provide you with the tools you need to achieve long-lasting recovery. Some other therapies include:
- Meditation therapy services
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Recreational therapy programs
- Holistic therapy programs
Experiential therapy is one of the tools you can use to rebuild after addiction. Don’t let addiction control your future. Quality care in a modern treatment program with addiction therapies in Texas can help. Learn more about how we can support your treatment at San Antonio Recovery Center when you call 866.957.7885 or connect with us online.