Is there a best alcohol addiction treatment, one that works in all situations? The answer to that is no. Instead, there are various treatment options available, each managing different components of addiction and dependence while also working to rebuild a person’s physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Alcohol addiction treatment can be quite successful when designed to meet the individual needs of a person, which is one of the ways we address treatment at San Antonio Recovery Center.
The Type of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Selected Depends on Severity
The level of care a person needs is often one factor that determines the type of treatment provided. Some people with serious addiction need to go through detox, a process that safely allows the body to work through withdrawal and cravings in a controlled environment. Others may be able to start with intensive outpatient care. At San Antonio Recovery Center, we offer several levels of care to support alcohol addiction treatment:
- Full detox center
- Residential treatment program
- 90-day treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Aftercare treatment program
Doctors and therapists determine the right level of help during an assessment. From there, an individualized treatment plan is created.
What Types of Therapy Aids in Alcohol Addiction?
An individualized treatment plan typically addresses what’s happening with each person in recovery. This may include answers to questions such as why they drink, how long they have used alcohol, and how much they drink. Some components of this therapy may include:
- Medications: Medications are available to help both prevent and treat alcohol addiction treatment. Medication-assisted treatment helps a person feel relief from withdrawal symptoms and reduced cravings.
- Behavioral treatment: This type of treatment aims to change drinking behavior such as through counseling programs. The client works with a therapist to better understand how negative thought patterns, stress, or previous trauma lead to alcohol consumption. They learn strategies for stopping this type of behavior.
- Support groups: Group sessions can be a helpful way for those in recovery to find support. This is a time to learn about addiction and work through a process of changing behavior. A 12 step program is an example of this type of program.
In addition to this, therapists may develop a treatment to address mental health needs. Some people with addiction also have mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, PTSD, depression, or anxiety. Treatment for these must be completed at the same time as addiction therapy for either to be effective.
How the Right Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program Is Developed
Each person’s needs are different. For that reason, an individualized therapy plan is created to support recovery. This may include some medical support from a doctor to oversee the damage to a person’s physical health from addiction. Therapists are used to helping with counseling, and specific therapies are utilized to create change. This may include a range of evidence-based therapy programs such as cognitive-behavioral therapy. Holistic therapy is also done, such as working to improve a person’s spiritual health.
Over time, those in recovery work through treatment by completing a range of therapy programs. There’s no way to speed it up or know how long treatment will last. This is an individual journey where each person’s needs must be met. The key here is that it can be effective at restoring health and well-being.
Put Your Trust in Our Team at San Antonio Recovery Center
What is the right alcohol addiction treatment for your situation? That differs from one person to the next. You’ll find outstanding resources for most needs at San Antonio Recovery Center. With years of experience, our dedicated clinicians will create an individualized treatment plan to address your needs. Learn more when you connect with our team today online or reach out to us at 866.957.7885.