Xanax, a widely prescribed medicine in the United States also happens to be abused by numerous people. Doctors prescribe Xanax for people with severe anxiety or panic issues. The drug can have some undesired effects on your brain. Some of them include dizziness, a tiresome or sleepy feeling, as well as memory and mood problems on the shorter while. There are also other long term effects of Xanax that fail to fade away even after you stop using the drug and why you may experience Xanax withdrawal in San Antonio TX.
Long Term Effects of Xanax
Xanax reduces stress because it causes unbalanced brain chemicals to move at a slower rate. As a result, you will feel less anxious and any tension you may have had lowered. Due to this method of action, the drug can have severe effects that last for a very long period. Some of the common Xanax long term side effects include:
- Seizures- Intense brain disturbance that makes the body to spasm. Repeated seizures or their occurrence for prolonged periods may cause brain damage or even death.
- Drug dependence – Even when you take the drug under a prescription, chances are that your body will learn to tolerate it after some time. Its effects will then lower making you want more to get the same effects. Over time, you will start experiencing withdrawal symptoms and have a physical dependence on the drug. This means that you will have to take it for your body to function normally.
- Overdose – Too much Xanax within a short period of time normally results in an overdose which may lead to death. Xanax is stored in the body’s fat tissues and its build up over a prolonged period even when taken in small amounts. It may also lead to an overdose.
- Cognitive impairment – A perennial Xanax user may get long term memory impairment and Alzheimer’s disease which is characterized by poor memory and thinking inabilities.
Xanax Addiction Treatment
The first step in the treatment for Xanax addiction is detoxification. Supervised medical detox allows you to rid yourself of drug dependence without the risk of seizures and other dangers. In addition, detoxification can be done in outpatient settings or inpatient; at hospitals or addiction treatment centers.
Recovery from Xanax Withdrawal San Antonio
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we prioritize the personal recovery needs of each patient. Also, we accord all our long term recovering patients prolonged care and support. The treatment programs include:
- Behavioral therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Nutritional therapy program
- Dual diagnosis therapy
While Xanax is beneficial for anxiety treatment, its prolonged use causes dependence, withdrawal and numerous other severe effects. In addition, our Xanax withdrawal San Antonio TX recovery center allows you to live a better life free of the drug.
Learn how to live a healthier life without Xanax by first ridding yourself of its dependence. Call 866.957.7885 today to get started on your journey to happiness and learn the long term effects of Xanax.