One of the most significant risks in recovery is relapse. Sometimes over half of those who enter rehab face the risk of relapse. That doesn’t mean they’ve failed. It means they need more help and treatment. Do you know how aftercare prevents relapse? One way to avoid this is to invest in an aftercare program. These programs can provide specific tools and support to help a person thrive in recovery, reducing the risk of relapse. At San Antonio Recovery Center, this is one component of the care we offer.
What Is an Aftercare Program?
Therapy for addiction does not stop after a person leaves residential treatment. Most people need ongoing outpatient treatment. A person can reduce this type of care over time as they reach goals and achieve improved health. An aftercare program can continue to provide help beyond this point, ensuring there is always someone to talk to when stress or life’s changes put your recovery on the line.
Each aftercare program is different. Most will provide you with:
- Access to the treatment center’s alumni program, which means ongoing support
- Ongoing access to 12 step programs or other types of recovery programs
- Individual and group therapy sessions as needed
- Sponsor and mentorship programs
- Sober living support if needed
- Life skills training as needed
An aftercare program’s end goal is to help support your recovery, regardless of the challenges you’re facing.
How Aftercare Prevents Relapse
When it comes to relapse prevention in Texas, San Antonio Recovery Center works to provide the tools necessary to deal with the challenges a person faces in life. Once you start to get back to daily life, you’ll meet new trials. Those can change over time, too. With an aftercare program, you’re able to ask for help, work through thought processes, and get support when you need it. Some examples of how this may help you include:
- Aiding in managing trigger exposure, such as giving you help in situations where you face people, places, or experiences that make you want to use drugs and alcohol
- Helping you to manage stress, including managing day-to-day challenges and acute stressful situations such as the death of a loved one
- Manage the symptoms of addiction, including cravings that may not go away quickly
- Provide support for relationship turmoil both immediately and in the long term
- Enable you to make better decisions by allowing you to talk through options and ideas in a place where you’re supported.
One of the key benefits of an aftercare program in Texas is just that—support. No matter what happens to you during recovery, it would be best if you had someone who will remind you of your goals and keep you on the right path. This type of support directly links to a reduction in relapse.
How Can We Help You Through Relapse Prevention in Texas?
By providing access to a wide range of treatment options, men and women in our recovery programs always have access to support when they need it. We do this as a component of each one of our treatment programs, including:
- Residential treatment programs: Our residential treatment program provides 24/7 intensive care and support for individuals in recovery. In this type of program, people receive around-the-clock access to a range of therapeutic activities and services.
- Intensive outpatient treatment: This type of program provides flexibility for individuals in recovery, as it allows them to attend therapy sessions while continuing to live their daily lives. Our intensive outpatient program offers an array of services and activities designed to help individuals maintain abstinence and manage their mental health symptoms.
- Inpatient treatment programs: Our inpatient treatment programs provide 24-hour care and support in a safe, supportive environment.
- 90-day treatment programs: Our 90-day treatment programs provide a comprehensive, intensive therapy experience for individuals in recovery.
- Women’s treatment programs: Our women’s treatment programs are specifically tailored to the unique needs of women in recovery.
- Men’s treatment programs: The unique needs of men in recovery found the basis of this type of treatment.
When you embrace therapy, you’ll learn strategies for managing stress and symptoms. An aftercare program continues to remind you of those strategies and helps you to put them into place in your life. All you have to do is to be ready to reach out for help when you need it.
Call San Antonio Recovery Center Today
Now you know how aftercare prevents relapse. The question becomes: would are you going to do now? Investing in an aftercare program may help to improve your long-term recovery. If you are seeking the best solutions for relapse prevention in Texas, reach out to San Antonio Recovery Center. We offer the comprehensive programs you need to start the healing process. To learn more, reach out to us now online or call us at 866.957.7885.