Drug and alcohol addiction can destroy lives, relationships, and careers. Addiction is a chronic and complex disease that can be difficult to overcome. However, recovery is possible with the right treatment and support.
Let’s discuss 90-day treatment programs, their benefits, and how they can help those struggling with addiction. Also, let’s take a look at common signs and symptoms of addiction, answer whether you need addiction treatment, and find out what happens in addiction treatment.
What Are Common Signs and Symptoms of Drug and Alcohol Addiction?
Drug and alcohol addiction can manifest in many ways, making it difficult to spot. Common signs and symptoms of addiction include:
- Changes in physical appearance and hygiene
- Changes in mood and behavior, such as irritability, anxiety, and depression
- Neglecting responsibilities and social relationships
- Continued use of drugs or alcohol despite negative consequences
- Developing tolerance to drugs or alcohol, which requires higher doses to achieve the desired effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using drugs or alcohol
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, it may be time to seek addiction treatment.
Do I Need Addiction Treatment?
If you are wondering if you need addiction treatment, the answer is likely yes. Addiction is a chronic disease that often requires professional treatment to overcome. Addiction treatment can help you learn to manage the symptoms of addiction and develop coping strategies to maintain sobriety.
It’s also incredibly important to seek addiction treatment if you find yourself experiencing a range of negative consequences as a result of drug or alcohol use. This may include legal problems, strained relationships with loved ones, deteriorating physical and mental health, or a decline in overall quality of life. Taking the step to address these issues and seek professional help can lead to a path of recovery and a brighter future ahead.
What Happens in Addiction Treatment?
Addiction treatment typically involves a combination of individual therapy, group therapy, and medication-assisted treatment. During individual therapy, you will work with a therapist to identify triggers and develop coping strategies. Group therapy provides a supportive environment where you can connect with others in recovery.
Medication-assisted treatment can help manage symptoms of withdrawal and reduce cravings. Treatment typically lasts for 30, 60, or 90 days, depending on the severity of addiction and individual needs.
What Is a 90-Day Treatment Program?
A 90-day treatment program is a type of addiction treatment that lasts for 90 days. This length of time allows for more intensive treatment and support, which can lead to better outcomes. 90-day treatment programs may include individual therapy, group therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and other evidence-based practices.
Here are six key benefits of 90-day treatment programs:
- Increased time spent in treatment, which can lead to better long-term outcomes
- More intensive treatment services, including individual therapy, group therapy, and medication-assisted treatment
- Opportunity to identify and address underlying mental health disorders, such as anxiety or depression
- A structured environment that promotes accountability and responsibility
- Access to support from peers and staff members
- Opportunity for family involvement in the recovery process
All of these benefits aren’t necessarily available in every treatment program. Therefore, it is important to do your research and find the one that best meets your needs.
What’s the Best 90-Day Program For You?
When considering a 90-day treatment program, there are several factors to consider. For example, ask yourself:
- Is this program accredited?
- Will I have access to medication-assisted treatment if needed?
- Does the program focus on evidence-based practices?
- Will the program accommodate my religious or spiritual beliefs?
- What is the cost of treatment, and are there any options for financial assistance?
Answering these questions can help you find the right 90-day treatment program for your needs.
Get Help Today From San Antonio Recovery Center
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, San Antonio Recovery Center can help. We provide evidence-based addiction treatment services, including 90-day treatment programs. Our caring and compassionate staff members are committed to helping you achieve lasting recovery. Contact us today at 866.957.7885 or reach out online to learn more about our programs and services.