A residential treatment center provides a live-in environment for those with a substance or alcohol use disorder. The goal is to offer them a safe and secure place to get treatment. The benefits of residential, sometimes called inpatient, treatment doesn’t end there, though.
What Is a Residential Treatment Center?
A residential treatment center is a live-in health care facility for those in need of a wide range of treatments, usually related to mental health issues and substance use disorder. It offers a monitored environment where you can get individualized and group therapy while living with others who are also in recovery.
The primary goal of a residential care center is to stabilize symptoms and provide a continuous treatment plan. By offering a structured environment, treatment facilities like San Antonio Recovery Center give you 24-hour support and stabilizing routines.
What Are the Benefits of Residential Treatment?
A residential treatment center offers you a chance to focus on your physical, mental, and spiritual health while you build your path to recovery.
Some key benefits include:
- A live-in supportive community – By living with others in recovery, you know you are not alone. You are with people who are going through exactly what you are, and you can work together to support one another.
- Comprehensive therapy – That includes evidence-based approaches to treatment, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- A drug-free environment – It is probably one of the most important factors of residential treatment centers. You live in a secure location that is free from the triggers that can lead to drug use.
- Peer support system – Often, residential treatment centers provide group therapies where you get and offer peer support.
- Life skills training – Residential care rarely stops at drug or alcohol treatment. The programs typically provide other kinds of training, like drug education, nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction.
- Family involvement – Effective residential programs provide a way for families to involve themselves in treatment. Many centers offer family therapy, for example.
- Relapse Prevention – Relapse is a common issue with substance use disorder, but many treatment programs teach you skills that can help you maintain your sobriety long-term.
- Intensive therapy – Ultimately, the goal of treatment is recovery, and that requires intensive therapy. Residential care will offer a variety of tools to help you get there.
What to Look for in a Residential Program?
Recovery from addiction requires a full spectrum of treatment. Look for a program that offers detox, residential care, and aftercare services.
Also, you want a treatment facility that has experience with your specific addiction like heroin or alcohol. Not all treatment centers offer the same things.
Look for a residential program that provides at least a 90-day treatment plan. Some will stop at 28 days, which most experts feel is not enough. A 90-day plan can provide a better outcome.
Finally, affordability matters when it comes to drug and alcohol treatment. Find a location that will work with your insurance company and help you find ways to pay for your treatment.
San Antonio Recovery Center is a comprehensive treatment program that offers:
- Addiction therapy services
- Gender-specific housing and treatment options
- 90-day treatment programs
- Individual, group, and family therapy
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we believe in the 12-step philosophy that emphasizes recognizing addictive behaviors. Our goal is to help you correct those behaviors using an individualized care plan designed to meet your needs. Our residential treatment program immerses you in the recovery processes to provide the best outcome. While with us, we help you learn how to self-examine and build life skills that support your new sober plan.
If you are in need of residential treatment, we want to help. Give San Antonio Recovery Center a call today at 866.957.7885.