Do you or a loved one find it difficult to control how often you consume alcohol? Do you habitually drink beyond your limits to the point of extreme intoxication? If you have asked yourself, “Am I an alcoholic?” it may be time to take a serious look at your situation before your habit results in tragic consequences.
According to most health associations, alcoholism is classified as a disease. Unlike people who abuse alcohol or binge drink, alcoholics typically lack control over how much or how often they drink. Their need for alcohol oftentimes overrides all reason and logic. As a result, many will continue to drink even in potentially dangerous situations. Therefore, it is essential you can recognize the signs of alcoholism in yourself or a loved one so that a professional alcohol detox center can be sought for treatment.
Call San Antonio Recovery Center today at 866.957.7885 for information about our alcohol treatment program.
Am I an Alcoholic?
If you have reason to suspect that you or a loved one is suffering from alcoholism, perform the Am I An Alcoholic Self Test below. Ask yourself if these questions apply to your situation.
- Do you hide how much you drink from friends and family?
- Do you often want to continue drinking when others have said they’ve had enough?
- Has your tolerance increased due to frequent drinking?
- Do you feel the need to drink in stressful situations, following an argument, or amidst feelings of disappointment?
- Have you experienced blackouts or periods of time that you can’t recall?
- Does your drinking interfere with your ability to fulfill personal and professional obligations?
- Do you continue to drink, despite warnings from your spouse or loved ones? Have they expressed concerns that you’re an alcoholic?
- Do you frequently experience hangovers after heavy periods of drinking?
- Does your drinking make you feel sad, depressed, guilty, or ashamed?
- Do you depend on alcohol for relaxation or a stress management tool?
- Do you drink even in situations that could be dangerous to you or others, such as while driving a vehicle, operating machinery, or in use with a combination of prescription medication?
Professional Help for Alcoholism
If, after taking that test, you believe that alcoholism is affecting your life, San Antonio Recovery Center in San Antonio, Texas, can help you overcome your disease and get you back on your feet. We can assist you through every step of the recovery process and prepare you to maintain your sobriety post-treatment. Additionally, we’ll teach you how to replace old addictive habits with positive, healthy ones. You can achieve long-term successful sobriety. Our expert team of physicians, therapists, and caring, professional staff are experienced and eager to help you through the transition into sober living.
- Affordable, advanced treatment that focuses on the 12-Step Philosophy
- Accurate, dual diagnosis
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Supportive and therapeutic recovery experience in a safe and judgment-free environment
- Personalized treatment programs based on an individual’s history with alcoholism
Substance Addictions Treated at San Antonio Recovery Center
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we treat a wide variety of substances in addition to alcohol. No matter what substance you struggle with, we’re ready to help you start your road to recovery. From alcohol to cocaine to prescription drugs, San Antonio Recovery Center has the treatment you need to succeed. Substance addictions treated at San Antonio Recovery Center include but aren’t limited to:
- Crystal Meth
- Polysubstance Addiction
Call San Antonio Recovery Center Today
With such quality and effective treatment available at your fingertips, there’s no excuse to continue suffering from active alcoholism any longer. At San Antonio Recovery Center in San Antonio, Texas, we can help you get sober and learn to manage your sobriety. Alcoholism can destroy the most important things in life, but you can take charge and lead the fulfilling and healthy life you deserve. Call our office today at 866.957.7885 and take the first step towards the best decision of your life!