If you have a family member suffering from a life-altering addiction, you’ll want the help of a quality Houston addiction center now. Learning more about the issues involved in substance abuse and addiction can help you locate the right kind of support. A Houston addiction program tends to be the first option Houston residents turn to. However, it’s important to understand how a program in San Antonio can offer more help.
Understanding Substance Abuse and Addiction
When looking for a quality Houston addiction center, it’s helpful to have a deep understanding of what substance abuse and addiction mean. Substance abuse is a negative pattern of behavior involving drugs or alcohol. It includes the repeated use of addictive substances in a way that harms a person’s physical and mental well-being. Addiction can sometimes occur after a substance abuse problem. Addiction is more severe because it involves uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that can keep a person from asking for help. Thankfully, Houston family therapy and a comprehensive Houston addiction program can provide you with relief.
Frequently Seen Signs of Addiction
Finding an adequate Houston addiction center can also depend on knowing the signs of addiction. Keep in mind any of the following clues of a problem:
- Preoccupation with substance use– Those with a severe addiction may spend an enormous amount of time using, thinking about using, or trying to recover from various substances.
- Avoiding people– Social withdrawal, isolation from others, and loss of interest in hobbies are also common effects of drug addictions.
- Chronic and severe mood swings– Mood swings that are severe and ongoing can be a sign of a severe addiction problem.
- Appearance changes– People facing addiction might look very different than they did previously. For example, skin rashes, weight loss, or red eyes can become the norm.
- Self-destructive or criminal behavior– Engaging in risky or illegal actions is common among those abusing addictive substances.
Houston Addiction Center Treatment Options
Finding the right Houston addiction center may seem stressful. However, a variety of treatment options are available to help you gain victory over addiction. Consider the following elements of treatment from a quality Houston addiction program:
- Psychotherapy– Psychotherapy is a form of intense counseling that can take place in many settings. It may take place in a large group, in a private environment, or with family members.
- Prescription medication– Many types of prescription medications can make the process of recovering from addiction easier. These medications don’t cure addiction. However, they can help ease the healing process.
- Behavioral techniques– Special techniques designed to change negative thought and behavior patterns can also be used to deal with addictions effectively.
- Relapse prevention techniques– A skilled treatment center will want to help each person create an effective relapse prevention plan that will serve to bring long-term success.
- Houston family therapy interventions– Houston family therapy sessions can be used to allow the entire family to heal. In fact, finding quality Houston family therapy interventions can bring back the trusting relationships that you lose through the addiction process.
Finding Suitable Treatment for a Loved One
As a family, it’s vital that you work together to find suitable Houston family therapy. The right Houston addiction program can take care of all your needs, bringing you closer together as you tackle these challenges together.
San Antonio Recovery Center offers quality addiction therapy services in the San Antonio, Texas area. By providing addiction rehab programs with a holistic approach, this facility is equipped to provide the individual care each person deserves.
Don’t allow problems with addiction to keep you from living the life of your dreams. You have the strength to overcome addiction challenges with a Houston addiction center. Call 866.957.7885 to learn about the numerous programs within your reach at San Antonio Recovery Center.