It’s not easy overcoming alcohol addiction. In fact, simply quitting drinking often isn’t enough. Fortunately, our alcohol counseling program in San Antonio offers guidance and support in a beautiful, warm climate with plenty of sunshine. It doesn’t matter what your struggles are or how long you’ve faced addiction. In the right environment, therapy can put you on the road to a successful recovery.
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we’re committed to providing the best possible care for every patient. With the help of our alcohol counseling services, we provide the support our clients need to enter long-term recovery. Please don’t allow your addiction to keep you in the past. Move to the future with the help of our alcohol counseling program. To learn more, please get in touch with our center for addiction treatment today at 866.957.7885.
Elements of Our Alcohol Counseling Program in San Antonio
The main goal of alcohol counseling is to discover what motivates people to drink. Overall, most people start drinking because they don’t know healthy ways to cope with stress. Likewise, unresolved trauma often leads to addictive behavior as well. By overcoming these issues, people begin healing and making the necessary changes for addiction management.
Our alcohol counseling program in San Antonio offers a range of therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This type of therapy teaches people how to identify and change the thoughts and behaviors that contribute to their drinking.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: Helps people learn how to cope with stress in a healthy way and stay mindful in the present moment.
- EMDR therapy: This is beneficial for people who have experienced trauma. It helps them process and heal from their experiences.
- Trauma therapy: Designed to help people heal from the trauma that often leads to addictive behaviors.
- Family therapy: Helps family members understand and support their loved one’s recovery.
Regardless of which treatment option we recommend, alcohol counseling in San Antonio consists of three important elements. Without this foundation, most people who stop drinking won’t fully recover.
Educates People About Alcohol
Often, understanding that drinking too frequently is bad for you isn’t enough to quit. People with alcohol addiction need education. Fortunately, alcohol counseling educates them about the chemical changes in their brains. This helps them understand what’s happening to their bodies and the consequences of continual substance abuse. This motivates many to get clean.
Identifies Triggers to Prevent Relapse
After establishing a relationship with patients, counselors identify alcohol use triggers. These can be specific people, places, or events. For example, some people feel the need to start drinking during a specific hour.
Learning personal triggers helps people determine how to avoid them. They may find they must stop hanging out with a group of friends or avoid visiting certain places. The skills they learn during therapy prevent relapse.
Teaches People How to Change
Alcohol counseling also teaches people how to change their thought processes. One of the common techniques therapists use is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). The theory behind this method is that negative thought patterns cause negative actions and feelings.
Therefore, CBT teaches people how to identify and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. As a result, they have more productive, positive feelings and behavior. CBT eventually helps people rebuild self-confidence as well.
Benefits of Our Alcohol Counseling Program
Alcohol counseling in San Antonio offers numerous benefits. The skills and tools people learn to help them live productive, substance-free lives. These include setting and meeting goals and overcoming certain obstacles. Since many therapists encourage finding hobbies to fill empty time, a lot of people discover something they’re passionate about.
Furthermore, some rehab centers offer holistic therapy. These are therapeutic methods people use outside of rehab. For example, they can learn meditation and yoga techniques to balance their minds, bodies, and spirits. Together, these benefits help them live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Learn More at San Antonio Recovery Center
If you struggle with alcohol addiction and want help, San Antonio Recovery Center in San Antonio, Texas, is here for you. For many, staying close to friends and family members provides additional support to increase the likelihood of lasting sobriety. We offer diverse addiction rehab programs, including:
- 12-step-based treatment: Our 12-step-based treatment program is inspired by Alcoholics Anonymous, one of the most popular and effective alcohol addiction recovery programs in existence.
- Residential treatment: Our residential treatment program provides 24/7 care and supervision in a safe and supportive environment.
- Intensive outpatient treatment: Our IOP program is designed for those who need more structure than traditional outpatient treatment, but who don’t require the level of care offered in residential treatment.
- Detox services: Our detox program is designed to help you safely and comfortably withdraw from alcohol.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Our dual diagnosis program treats both your addiction and any underlying mental health disorders.
At San Antonio Recovery Center, we treat everyone. To meet this objective, we combine our commitment with the best treatment models and affordable care. We believe that addiction recovery requires an array of treatment services. Our team can design a plan that meets your unique needs.
Fight back against alcohol addiction. Conquer the disease with help from our reputable drug rehab center. Call San Antonio Recovery Center at 866.957.7885 to begin your recovery journey today.