San Antonio Recovery Center Coronavirus Policy Update
SARC is working with local and state health departments and following CDC guidelines: no hand shakes or hugs, hand washing, distancing...
SARC had a mandatory general staff meeting to remind and train all employees on proper infection control measures need to be followed.
- We are screening for health symptoms with all active clients every day
- All outside meetings have been cancelled until further notice
- Intra facility in house meetings will occur between locations
- CDC guidelines and precautionary measures have been posted on all front doors to facilities
- Intake and assessment will use health screening questionnaire on all potential clients
- When possible assessments will be done via electronic means
SARC is taking every precautionary measure to make certain that ALL of our clients needs are served.
While heroin overdoses are usually reversed through the administration of Narcan, when heroin is cut with certain dangerous chemicals Narcan may not work. The powerful addictive qualities of heroin make it difficult for users to quit, especially when they fear becoming dope sick. Since heroin is physically addictive, it can cause severe and harmful withdrawal…