If you have a loved one who has been touched by addiction, you may be searching for substance abuse treatment in Austin, TX. Once you begin your search, you might find yourself overwhelmed by the vast array of options available. Don’t let the possibilities deter you from settling on a treatment center that can address your family’s needs.
Understanding a Substance Use Disorder
Before settling on substance abuse treatment in Austin, TX, you need to have an adequate understanding of substance use disorders. Many treatment professionals describe a substance abuse disorder as a specific pattern involving the use of an addictive substance. No matter what the substance of choice, the person will find that their pattern of use creates hardships in their life.
Signs of a Substance Use Disorder
Before locating substance abuse treatment Austin, TX offers, you’ll also need to be able to notice the signs of a substance use disorder. Be on the lookout for any of the symptoms in the list below:
- Preference for solitude– If your loved one wants to seclude themselves from social events, friends, family, and hobbies, they may have an underlying issue with substance abuse. In addition to feeling tired as a result of the effects of addictive substances, your family member may also be feeling fear, embarrassment, or depression.
- Changes in routine– The daily routine of those experiencing substance abuse will likely undergo significant changes. For example, the person may come home later than usual. They may also prefer to take an alternate route to or from work.
- Mood swings– Major fluctuations in mood, demeanor, or personality can signify a substance abuse problem. These mood swings can appear to happen for no reason, which can be shocking to others.
- Physical changes– Physical changes associated with substance abuse include skin abnormalities, red eyes, weight loss, or a lowered interest in hygiene. These changes are usually very noticeable to others.
- Dependence and withdrawal– Dependence on an addictive substance can mean the person gets used to the effects the substance produces at a specific dose. When this happens, they’ll take more of the substance to offset this dependence. Withdrawal signs usually occur once a full-blown addiction has taken hold.
Obtaining Substance Abuse Treatment in Austin, TX
Finding an Austin addiction rehab center doesn’t have to be all that challenging. If you arm yourself with a list of the most important matters that need to be addressed, you can make sure that the rehab center you choose can handle your issues with ease. Getting the proper treatment you need can help you restore balance and satisfaction to your daily life.
SARC Offers Substance Abuse Treatment in Austin, TX
There are a lot of drug rehab centers in Texas. How can you be sure the substance abuse treatment Austin TX you receive is the best quality? Paying attention to the attributes associated with these centers for addiction treatment can help you make a wise choice.
For example, it’s wise to check the success record of a rehab center you consider using. You can also ask them what programs they rely on for supporting the recovery process. Those entering the treatment process often appreciate holistic measures.
Don’t let searching for adequate substance abuse treatment Austin TX offers to bring you down. San Antonio Recovery Center is a high-quality rehab facility in San Antonio, Texas. Call 866.957.7885 to find out how the San Antonio Recovery Center can assist you.