Alcohol abuse is a real problem all over the United States, and San Antonio is no different. San Antonio drinking problems affect both teens and adults. Help is out there, but the majority of people aren’t aware that they have a problem until it’s too late.
Learn more about how you can determine if you suffer from alcohol addiction. And if you are struggling to overcome an addiction, reach out to an addiction treatment center near you today.
Why Do You Drink?
It’s essential for you to take a look at why you drink. Do you drink socially or when you hang out with friends or family? Do you drink to cope with conflicting feelings or to avoid stressful situations?
Drinking socially isn’t a problem itself. However, it can become a problem when you don’t know how to limit yourself or feel like you can’t. If you often find that you drink more than you intended to in a given time period, you might struggle with alcohol addiction.
Drinking to cover up a problem is never a good idea because you don’t deal with the core issue. You might continue to drink to make the problem go away. Eventually, you come to depend on alcohol to function normally.
Ways to Tell If You Have San Antonio Drinking Problems
In most cases, people rely on others to let them know that they have a drinking problem. For example, sometimes a spouse gets tired of being married to an alcoholic and brings up the issue. Other times, friends and family voice their concerns. However, you can spot drinking problems inside yourself.
Before you can tell if you have a drinking problem, you have to take an honest look at your life. People often start to believe their lies when it comes to why they drink. Some questions that you can ask yourself include:
- Do you often feel ashamed or guilty for drinking?
- Do you forget or have blackouts when drinking?
- Do you lie to hide your drinking habit from others?
- Do you drink more than you intend to on a regular basis?
- Do you feel like you need a drink to explore better or relax?
- Do friends and family members worry about you because of your drinking?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, drinking has a negative impact on your life. Once alcohol negatively affects you, then you have a drinking problem. An addiction treatment program near you can help you overcome alcohol addiction and rebuild your life.
Get the Help That You Deserve From a Place That Cares
If you need drug and alcohol rehab, look no further than San Antonio Recovery Center. We provide men’s and women’s rehab programs. We proudly offer reliable services that you and your family members can count on, including:
- 90-day treatment program – An intensive treatment program designed to help clients learn how to overcome cravings and avoid relapse
- Residential treatment program – Many clients benefit from living on-site in our addiction treatment center, where they have access to 24/7 medical care and support
- Intensive outpatient treatment program – Clients find freedom and flexibility while in an outpatient program, where they can live at home or in a sober living community while receiving treatment
- Aftercare treatment program – Even after they complete our addiction treatment programs, clients have access to ongoing education and support
- Family therapy – While addiction issues can cause harm to relationships, family therapy with an experienced counselor can help you rebuild family ties
Don’t let a San Antonio drinking problems keep you from living your life to the fullest. Get the help that you need today. Reach out to San Antonio Recovery Center at 866.957.7885 for more information.